Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was I not permitted to e file my Federal 1120S and State 1120 because they both shared the same FEIN? I did it last year??

Chuck78
Level 1

Last year I was permitted to file both returns using same FEIN..for   1120S Federal and 1120 State.

I sincerely hope will not experience same for 2021 filing season.  I have been using Intuit for 40 years

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Chuck78 

It appears you just started a New Topic on the very same issue you brought up last month, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/why-can-t-i-file-my-nj...

I like to use efile resources. They tell you this about NJ:

"However, the IRS and State Tax Agencies require you to e-file a Federal Income Tax Return at the same time you e-file a State Tax Return. This is not an eFile.com policy but an IRS and State Agency policy. Thus, technically you cannot e-File anywhere - not just eFile.com - a New Jersey Tax Return without also e-filing the IRS Tax Return. However, see these detailed instructions on how you can only prepare and mail in - not eFile - a New Jersey 2020 Tax Return - here via eFile.com. However, you must download/print and sign the forms and mail them to the Tax Agency."

Please keep in mind that posting here in the peer user community means no one here prevented you from filing. This is not Customer Support or Tech Support. This is peer users.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.