Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why renew ProSeries early?

I received something both in email and in the mail to renew my ProSeries license although it lasts 6 more months. Is there any advantage to renewing it so early?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They give you the renewal price early so you have time to budget for the expense and decide if you want to stick with PS or go to a different software.
I renew and pay early, because I have no intention of changing software and I'm fat with cash right now, may as well get it paid. I also pay my office rent a year in advance every May as well as the office phone bill for the rest of the year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They give you the renewal price early so you have time to budget for the expense and decide if you want to stick with PS or go to a different software.
I renew and pay early, because I have no intention of changing software and I'm fat with cash right now, may as well get it paid. I also pay my office rent a year in advance every May as well as the office phone bill for the rest of the year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

@Username is two words I am not sure but I think a discount is received if you pay this early instead of waiting towards the end of the year, but I may be wrong... Just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought a few years ago everybody was put on auto renewal unless they specifically elected not to do so.  I think the auto renewal/early renewal saves you something like 10 cents as a reward for doing so.  As far as paying Intuit now ------------------------------ no way.  Absolutely no way.  No, no, no, no, no.  Did I mention no?  My personal preference would be to not pay in full until they have released a fully functional product.  Of course, that normally doesn't happen until close to the October 15th extended due date, so I don't think that is going to happen.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Lisa - can I have an allowance?  Or adopt me?  I like people who are "fat with cash".

Thanks all.  I think I am on auto renewal.  I'd pay early if there was a discount, or any benefit whatsoever, but if not, I am not going to.  I have the money now and will also have it 6 months from now when it is due.  It's nice to be informed of the price but to be asked for it so far in advance is obnoxious. IMO.

Another annoying pricing thing is the e-signatures only are good in one calendar year.  So I have to watch them carefully, missing out on volume ordering, in order not to let any expire.  Super irritating.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

"Fat with Cash" - Im coming over Lisa!!!

dkh
Level 15

Did Lisa say she was taking us all to Vegas ???    

IRonMaN
Level 15

Lutefisk for everyone!!!!

Or did I just ruin the mood? 😐

Slava Ukraini!
ljsmith2
Level 4

I am on auto renew and receive a discount of $156.36;   renews "week of 11/8/2021" .....just as my cash has been depleted.... 🙂