Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Indiana Form IT40X no longer supported?

TippCPA22
Level 2

Am trying to create an Individual amended return.  I am able to efile the Federal but don't even have the IT40X in the program.  When I called in, I was told that the IT40X is no longer supported.  So I guess I have to do the manual version ... print the Indiana schedules & either go back to the 2020 ProSeries to create the IT40X or google the form & use a fillable, manual form from the Indiana website.  Not really what I pay for with this software.  Anybody have any other ideas?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Not really what I pay for with this software. Anybody have any other ideas?"

Buy a different tax software?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

There is no longer an IT40X.....there is an Amended Return check box on the IT40.

TippCPA22
Level 2

So if you mark the Info Worksheet to e-file the State return, Indiana is not a choice.  You can go to the Indiana return & mark the box on the IT40 to amend, but you cannot make the return ready to e-file.  So I printed the forms for my client to mail in as this seems to be my only option after another 1hr & 30 min on the phone with tech support today. It seems ProSeries must not have approval for Individual e-filing for amended returns.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They currently only offer a handful of states for e-filing amended returns.

Slava Ukraini!