Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my economic stimulus payment

PATAX
Level 15

A client and friend who's return is on extension sent me an email and she asked me if she is going to get her economic stimulus payment. I sent her back a text message and said as far as I know there is no economic stimulus payment for 2023 tax return. She sent me back a text message and said thank you, she knew that I would know the answer. Her co-worker put the idea in her head. Barbers coworkers and Neighbors.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

theyve been sending out letters to people that never activated their 2020/2021 stimulus debit cards and got their money, so lots of people think its another payment thats being sent out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

theyve been sending out letters to people that never activated their 2020/2021 stimulus debit cards and got their money, so lots of people think its another payment thats being sent out.

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Lisa. Why in the world would they send letters out? If the people didn't cash their checks or use their debit cards or whatever they got, then that's their problem. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

At least she believed you would know the answer to that one.  Your next text from her might be her asking what the air speed of unladen swallow is.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 I had to do a Google search on that. Found a Monty Python YouTube video on that that was pretty funny.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That movie is a classic

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had a client bring one in the last week of the season.   It was basically a reminder to active the card, this client didnt remember ever getting a card, so I had him call the number and get it reissued.

PATAX
Level 15

I think some people thought those cards were some type of scam or just junk mail. I don't know why they sent out cards anyway. They should have sent out checks or direct deposit to everyone.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Because some folks don't have bank accounts.  Sometimes we get comfortable in our own little world and forget that not everybody lives the same way we do.  Before I started visiting this place I just assumed everyone loved Spam because I do, but I found out there are a few oddballs out there that don't like it 😁

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

A fried spam sandwich on toasted bread with Miracle Whip sounds real good. I'm going to have to get some. Thanks Iron Man

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍🏼

Slava Ukraini!