Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Tax Planner Worksheet increase the IRA Contribution allowed for 2023 to be $6,500 (and $7,500 for those 50 or older)?

ToniM
Level 2
In preparing the 2023 and 2024 estimates from the Tax Planner Worksheet, the software continues to use $6000 for an IRA contribution or $7000 for those 50 and older.
When will the software be updated?
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
GodFather
Level 8

It should be changed but I imagine that is a low priority for them.  Not suggesting it should be low.  At this point in the season you would think that would already have been updated.  With that said, the $500 difference is not going to impact that calculation significantly.  Maybe provide the estimate the planner indicates and just let the client know that it is an approximate tax.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
GodFather
Level 8

It should be changed but I imagine that is a low priority for them.  Not suggesting it should be low.  At this point in the season you would think that would already have been updated.  With that said, the $500 difference is not going to impact that calculation significantly.  Maybe provide the estimate the planner indicates and just let the client know that it is an approximate tax.  

0 Cheers
ToniM
Level 2

I agree with you.  I did manually calculate with the increase.  Just took extra time at a busy time. Thanks for your reply