Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will NYC forms be available to e-file?

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I can't find this any where in the page for release dates. There is no section for NYC. 

Proseries says "Not EF ready but can be printed" then it says update available but if I have already updated ProSeries today. If I click the "update available now" link nothing happens. 

I thought I saw a previous notice that said NYC returns would be available to e-file Feb. 18 which is why I was trying today. 

I have filed several NY Scorp and partnerships that also need to file NYC and so I just want to be able to tell clients when their returns have be completely filed. 

thanks

6 Comments 6
caj111
Level 4

According to Intuit's own list that shows the status of various forms, it says the NYC-3L would be ready for electronic filing on February 18.  This is at the very end of the list, where they use "YC" as the abbreviation for New York City.  Today is the 19th and it's STILL not ready.  When I go in and attempt to file it says "This form is NOT EF READY but can be printed".  Intuit could at least update the list so we are not given any false hope on this.  Really aggravating.  So many forms are ready much later this year.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Seriously! 

WTH Intuit? 

@IntuitAustin ???

0 Cheers
caj111
Level 4

They FINALLY changed it on the list to read that it will be available for electronic filing on 2/25.  I have never seen so many forms being so late and so much disfunction than in earlier years.  Some federal and state forms won't be ready until March 3.  In my experience, EVERYTHING was always ready to go by mid-February.  I wish Intuit would provide some kind of BS explanation saying the fault lies on the other end and not with them, but there's been nothing, and the silence is just deafening.

It really is appalling, but Intuit has me over a barrel.  Unless... can another software provider actually convert your clients' data from the Intuit files? I've heard rumors that it can be done with Drake, though it seems like an awfully big risk I'd be taking.

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

We tried this with Drake in 2015. You can convert the files, but Drake is a pretty sub par platform imo.

...unless they have improved it? It has been 6 years.

0 Cheers
caj111
Level 4

They've updated the list of forms and say the New York City General Corporation Tax return, Form NYC-3L as being ready for electronic filing on February 25th (that's today), but I went into the system today to file it, AND IT'S NOT READY FOR E-FILING.

TODAY IS FEBRUARY 25TH.  But the system STILL says it is NOT READY.

WHAT GIVES HERE?

0 Cheers
Abhilash Jossy
Level 3

Hi There,

I am working on a 1040NR with NYC. Can I e-file this NYC return ?

0 Cheers