Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the telephone number for IRS to find out when I will get my tax refund for 2020 ?

nohook1
Level 1
What is the IRS telephone number to inquire why I have not yet received my 2020 tax refund?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

My friend Google is pretty helpful for those kinds of things.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

@nohook1 

Did you e-file your tax return using the ProSeries tax program? If not, you are asking the wrong people and are lost on the internet.

You would be better off going directly to the IRS, anyway. Did you try?

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/heres-how-taxpayers-can-check-the-status-of-their-federal-tax-return

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/check-the-status-of-your-refund

The online tools are better than trying to call, being on hold for hours, being told the phone lines are too busy, etc.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

800-829-1040

Enjoy the hold music

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

Hope that it is classical music so you can relax a little bit and maybe even get some sleep.. Don't worry when you wake up you will still be on hold...

ljr
Level 8

maybe intuit can "verify" the tax preparers (maybe some way to log in with your intuit account number or confirm your account number) to make this site truly for tax professionals. It's tough enough getting that same question in phone calls 10 times a day. Then we don't have to keep repeating you're lost on the internet. Just a thought. . . . . .

ljr
Level 8

www.irs.gov   where's my refund?

Calling the IRS the operators will have the same info you see here and can't tell you where it is in their system. Let the people with answerable questions (hopefully) enjoy the 4 hour wait time until being disconnected.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@ljr  We have been asking for that for years. Intuit refuses to lock the barn door.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Lock the door?  They took the door off and made the entryway bigger.

Slava Ukraini!