Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to input to eliminate the error message on Form 2555? This came with the latest software update.

BevGolden
Level 2
It says dates are needed on line 10 or line 16 in order to properly calculate the exclusion.  Dates are listed and it is properly calculating.  How do I get rid of the error?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
itonewbie
Level 15

Interesting, 3rd question in a row about F.2555.  Usually, we don't see this many on the same day.  Something might be broken.

What error message did you receive exactly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Something got broken.  I was getting ready to transmit some returns this morning and saw that the returns needed to be updated before I could do so.  After I ran the updates one of the returns had an error that needed to be corrected on a 2555.  Since the return didn't have a need for a 2555, I deleted the form and was back in business.  So what got fixed to break this?

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

So what got fixed to break this?

Must be the 2020 enhancements, lol.  You win some, you lose some.  Hmmm, this is actually not funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
kevin72966
Level 2

I have the same problem and have to erase Form 2555 (did not ever need it) before I can print or file.

JCassidycpa
Level 1

I have this problem and need the income 2555 income worksheet to enter foreign wages.

I source the comp US as I only claim the FTC.  I claim physical presence test. I am getting this error for the first time and have prepped US expat returns this way for years.  Need to have this fixed

jhartwv
Level 3

I've encounter this problem too with the last update.  Was working fine before  update and I use Form 2555 all the time. Over 65% of my business is overseas folks.  This is stopping me in my tracks for I can't transmit  any of my returns with the errors.

The error is stating that I do not have dates in the PPT field when I do nor any values in the field to exclude when I do.  I attempted to delete and reinput data, but the error is still there.  I tried a recalc, no luck  I checked the allocation worksheet and that is all in order.  So can find no reason for error.

Kangli
Level 1

I have the same problem too. After I updated to the new version , the problem did not go away. Hopefully, ProSeries hears us.

Hammer
Level 2

I have the same problem. Most of my clients are US expats and I have to prep F 2555. 

0 Cheers
kittycallie
Level 1

There is an investigation open on this that talks about this.  inv-44583.

0 Cheers
JCassidycpa
Level 1

Please let us know status of investigation  inv-44583

0 Cheers
Gary Hoskins
Level 1

Since an update last week I been getting the same error and can't seem to get around it.

0 Cheers
BevGolden
Level 2

I called ProSeries on Monday and the agent said that they were still working on fixing this problem.  However, if you are sure that your return has been calculated properly there is a workaround.

When you go to e-file center there is a button underneath

"convert and transmit selected returns/extensions/payments" that says

"enable conversion error checking"

If you unmark the enable conversion error checking box, you can process the return.  I was able to file my return that way.

kittycallie
Level 1

If you follow the steps that Bev posted that should fix the problem.  But this is always the very last resort.

When you go to e-file center there is a button underneath

"convert and transmit selected returns/extensions/payments" that says

"enable conversion error checking"

Or paper copy which is not always the liked option.

0 Cheers