Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We're Sorry the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait until later." I cannot update my software.

kjwilson1965
Level 1

Starting today I tried to update my Proseries Basic and Professtional software. I get the message.   "We're Sorry the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait until later." I cannot update my software.

Proseries says it is not their fault. Internet says not on their end. Windows 10 is up to date. This only happens with 2018 - 2017 and 2016 update fine. I have a stand alone PC.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitKatieB

This error regarding Internal Server Error when installing or updating has been resolved as of 11:45am CST on 03-02-2019.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You've rebooted the computer just to be sure no weird computer glitch is making it happen?  Its been a crazy year for software, Ive rebooted my computer way more than Ive ever had to before.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kjwilson1965
Level 1
Yes. Like seven times. Updated Windows, etc. It’s only 2018 which makes it odd.
0 Cheers
conniejb
Level 1
I'm having the same issue, but Proseries Basic updates as usual. Also had tech support say it was a problem with my PC.  Any help out there?  PLEASE
0 Cheers
cparker
Level 1
I am having the same problem too this morning 3/2/2019; I just installed windows updates which is probably the problem.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know with Professional you can choose to Login Offline...does Basic have that option on the sign in screen?  Might get you into the program and you can at least do some work.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kjwilson1965
Level 1
conniejb - I use Time Warner/Spectrum cable internet (wireless). I took my PC to a place where I could direct connect (ethernet) and was able to reinstall ProSeries and download Basic updates. I am good until the next time there is Proseries update. I think this a Proseries issue.
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB

This error regarding Internal Server Error when installing or updating has been resolved as of 11:45am CST on 03-02-2019.

0 Cheers
kjwilson1965
Level 1
Intuit Katie, was this an Intuit error?
0 Cheers
conniejb
Level 1
I'd like to know the answer to that too? It cost me a day.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Try turning off your antiviral software temporarily?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
kjwilson1965
Level 1
Yes, and it failed. I took it to place where I could use a different ethernet (notwireless) and it worked. I used three different PC's at different locations (wireless) and still could not get it to work before I direct connected.
0 Cheers