Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from Proseries tax year to a new copmputer.

Tino
Level 1

I bought a computer, and tried to transfer the 2016 Proseries tax year from the old to the new computer. The software did no open because it is not supported by Intuit any longer. could someone please help in this situation? I need to amend a 2016 client tax return.

Thank you,

Manny

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Login in to your Intuit account and try downloading the software from there

Call me crazy but purchasing and setting up a new computer on April 13th...... who has that kind of time ???

Unless the client needs to amend in response to an IRS notice, why bother?  

0 Cheers
Tino
Level 1

I already downloaded the 2016 tax software and the data did not transfer, also I have the time because this will probably be my last tax return work, I am retiring. 

Thanks for your help.

Tino

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Unless it's due to a carryback that opens up that year, 2016 is a closed year for amending.

IntuitJeff-H
Employee
Employee

Hi Tino,

It sounds like you got 2016 installed so the next step is letting ProSeries know where the data is. I am not sure if you are transferring form 2015 or you are doing a restore. In any case if you are restoring when the program is open go to File> Client File maintenance> Restore. In the set source directory box point the program to where your data is located. Proseries should bring in the files for you.

I hope this helps

Tino
Level 1

Thank you for help, IntuitJeff-H

I will keep on trying

0 Cheers