Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP works remotely for 3 days a week in WA and 2 days a week in OR for the same company. How much of his paycheck does he have to pay OR income taxes?

chapguy19
Level 4
His employer is headquartered in OR.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15
According to this article No Oregon tax is required unless taxpayer physically works in Oregon.

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
dkh
Level 15
According to this article No Oregon tax is required unless taxpayer physically works in Oregon.

chapguy19
Level 4

Thanks for clarify this for me.

Christopher

dkh
Level 15

You're welcome

BobKamman
Level 15

Excuse me for asking if no one thought it was important, but in what state is taxpayer a resident?

dkh
Level 15

well.... I just ASSuMEd it was WA   😁    since OPs concern was the OR income and not the WA income

BobKamman
Level 15

@dkh He might not have been concerned about the WA income because WA has no state income tax.  

If a plane crashes on the California/Nevada state line, where do they bury the survivors?  

dkh
Level 15

Point taken

hey @chapguy19     what state is the taxpayer a resident ?

and Bob - you don't bury survivors

IRonMaN
Level 15

"If a plane crashes on the California/Nevada state line, where do they bury the survivors?"

Based on what I've seen here over the years, I'm guessing California does bury the survivors ---------- just so they can tax them for something.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

"If a plane crashes on the California/Nevada state line, where do they bury the survivors?"

Based on what I've seen here over the years, I'm guessing California does bury the survivors ---------- just so they can tax them for something.

But first they have to go through Agricultural inspection to make sure they don't have any foreign Oranges or Avocados.

BobKamman
Level 15

@rbynaker   Now there's someone who has obviously driven to California.  Those "bug stations" have been around at least since the 1950s - through one Reagan and two Browns as governor.  They take protection of their crops seriously.  Protection of teens from smuggled fentanyl?  Not so much.  

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If client physically works in OR, he will  pay tax on amount he earns for the two days  a week that he works there.  If his home state is OR, then he will pay tax on all his income .See this link:   https://www.oregon.gov/dor/Pages/index.aspx