Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

total returns filed for my efin

cpalazar
Level 1

I'm truying to get a list of all returns filed trough my efin so i can check to ensure no one else if filing via my efin. Speaking with proseries agent, they can only tell me total # of efiled transactions, they dont want to release breakout of last 4 socials and zip or something along those lines so i can compare my date with what was actually efiled. I'm not sure why its such a difficult request that proseries doesnt have it readily availble for companies as control check of all filed returns. Any thoughts of how i can get that info?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know your PTIN account will show how many returns were filed under your PTIN, not sure if your EServices account will give a total per EFIN or not.  

Maybe a call to EServices would give you what youre looking for?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

The "IRS Tax Professional PTIN System" will tell you how many returns they have processed with your PTIN this year.  However, the count is seriously delayed for any paper returns filed by you, or anyone else.  

0 Cheers
cpalazar
Level 1

My issue is not number of returns, its reconciling returns filed per IRS vs my software

0 Cheers
cpalazar
Level 1

I think i tired that and they sisnt have that info, would think it should be easily available for each ptin as part of controls

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre looking for a list of returns that were filed by you vs what IRS received from you, you wont find that.  You'll only see a total number.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
shamcafee
Level 2

You can view the total YTD # of returns filed using your EFIN through your E-Services account.  Here are the steps to take:

Log in to E-Services > Choose 'Access E-file Application' > Click on the eye under View/Edit > Choose 'EFIN Status' (with the thick green underline under it in the top menu of options)

This will show how many of each type of return has been filed.  And it'll also show how many were accepted or rejected.

Hope this helps! 

Accountant-Man
Level 13

I tried going to PTIN account but could not find the link or button to review my e-file record.

The IRS online info directs me to a link that isn't seen on the page.

I didn't file 50 returns, so probably I cannot look at prior years either.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
shamcafee
Level 2

Hi Accountant-Man!

The returns filed by PTIN can be found in your PTIN account using this process:

IRS home page> Tax Pros (upper right corner)> PTIN System-click Renew or Register>login with your credentials>Be sure to click 'Receive a code via email' so they actually send the code!>enter the code received> Click on Returns per PTIN

-------

To verify returns filed by EFIN, log in to your E-Services account (presuming you have one set up) using these steps:

IRS home page> Tax Pros (upper right corner)> Access E-Services > Access E-file Services > Access E-file Application > sign in with whatever way you set up your account > Choose your organization > This brings you to the External Services Authorization Management page > Click on the View/Edit eye > Choose EFIN Status from the top menu (thick green line under it) > Voila!  There's the list of return types filed and the # filed using your EFIN

Hope that helps!

-Shamcafee

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Thanks, shamcafee.

I didn't efile 50, so perhaps I cannot look at 2021 either.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers