Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today March 26th the proseries professional changed due date to May 17 2021

janine
Level 4

I noticed that the due date of the returns for withdrawl purposes changed today.

I am so happy about that and wanted to share it with the community

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Accountant-Man
Level 13

It's probably in the update that forces me to download AFTER I tried to e-file 36 returns and the federals were rejected as "software is not current" but the states all went through!

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've often wondered why the conversion part of the process can't tell you that you don't have the current version ............................. not that I have ever had that happen to me 😶

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@Accountant-Man wrote:

It's probably in the update that forces me to download AFTER I tried to e-file 36 returns and the federals were rejected as "software is not current" but the states all went through!

It was exactly that reason that led me to turn convert/transmit into a two step process my last few years with ProSeries.  I think it's the convert step that tells you that you're out of date.

dkh
Level 15

Thanks @janine .  It's good some happiness can be found in this crazy tax season.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I've often wondered why the conversion part of the process can't tell you that you don't have the current version ............................. not that I have ever had that happen to me 😶

It used to tell you when you converted!  I always did this in a 2 step process just for this reason too and it doesnt seem to do that anymore!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I always do the two step tango before I send the returns to the big dance hall at Inuit.  I like the extra step just to make double there are no "oops" before I hit send.  I've always been a bit paranoid about transmitting returns and this year has me even paranoider than normal.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I usually do the two step tango, especially with lots of returns, but I don't remember seeing the "out of date" software message.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
janine
Level 4

Good morning Lisa

Janine here.  Can you tell me what a two step process is?  This is my 5th year and I am still learning.  I have the proseries professional version.  Any advice on any matter will be greatly appreciated.  I have been preparing personal income taxes for almost 30 years. But knowing the inside and out of the program from a professional like yourself is helpful.

Thanks,

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Highlight the returns in the EFCenter, and choose to Convert only, then if everything converts, then you Transmit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers