Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFTWARE FIX NEEDED!! Information WS & Charitable deduction for non-itemizers

yblewett
Level 1

Will there be a software update for charitable contributions for non-itemizers?  It does not pull to 1040 if the standard deductions is taken.

Also the information worksheet - does not show up...but the error message can get you to the box needed.

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
dascpa
Level 11

It is a manual entry you must make. Same as last year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is no fix, you manually enter the contributions

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Everything related to the non-itemizer charitable deduction is working correctly. I have had it on several returns and it was exactly as it was last year.

yblewett
Level 1

The contributions are entered on Schedule A - they benefit from the Standard Deductions.  This is NOT pulling through to 1040.   There is no update available and Tech Support is closed....

0 Cheers
yblewett
Level 1

If you override - it does not calculate.
Manually enter where?

0 Cheers
yblewett
Level 1

Manually enter where?  

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Here is the procedure - the line #'s refer to form 1040

12a is the total contributions as you entered them on Schedule A. (Carried to line 12a automatically)

12b says "Charitable contributions if you take the standard deduction". So if the taxpayer is using the standard deduction, you enter the allowable amount for non-itemizers on line 12b.

yblewett
Level 1

I have done all that!  There is still an error coming up in review, but using "go to error" nothing happens.
Next question - software issue?
Tech needed.....

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I usually enter the amounts on schedule A and when I do the review, it stops on that page and the box that it goes in stands out so clearly it's almost like a neon light is shining on the spot.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

And no, there is no tech needed.  Don't tie up the phone lines for something so simple.

Slava Ukraini!
yblewett
Level 1

Yes it worked correctly until that last update.

0 Cheers
yblewett
Level 1

It worked correctly until the last update.  Good luck to you in the tax season.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Does the taxpayer have taxable income?

I'm grasping for straw's now, as it is working for me and I was thinking maybe negative income might do something strange.

Next thing to try would be Updates>Refresh Updates.

yblewett
Level 1

Plenty of taxable income - Yes i looked for some reason it would disallow.  
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Seems something went bad with the last software update.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I would try refreshing the updates.