Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See, the early bird doesn't always get the worm

IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on the note at the top of the page, it is once again proven that you don't want to be a beta tester for ProSeries and download the software early:

"If you downloaded the ProSeries 2023 tax program prior to 11/15/2023, it is possible you are experiencing the inability to update the1040 formset.  This will cause the program to display "Form not Final".  We have identified the root cause and will be pushing a fix overnight."

Next year I am going to wait and download the software in April ------ just to be safe and just in case I have to do a PA return ---------- those local forms might be ready by then.

Slava Ukraini!
6 Comments 6
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN you hit the nail on the head with that Iron Man. I always wait as late as reasonably possible, not only for that but for everything else. I don't have ants in my pants so I Let other people be the guinea pigs.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The last few days it has been easy to tell who those guinea pigs were based on the posts here.

Slava Ukraini!
IRunFar
Level 3

Quite true.  They had a similar problem a few years back for those COVID 1099R distributions and form 8915.  There was another one a few years before that if I recall correctly.  I try to wait until January to download and install.

Now the unfortunate game of Russian Roulette waiting to see what they break for us non-early adopters when they push this "fix" through, ugh.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit believes in double entry accounting when it comes to fixes.  If there is a debit to fix something, there always has to be an offsetting credit to break something.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

agreed.. but I do have to give Intuit kudos for listening to what is broken and pushing out alerts and frequent updates. ok. back to work. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

"but I do have to give Intuit kudos for listening to what is broken and pushing out alerts"

But alerts are a rarity.  Those must be reserved for the events that cause the support lines to get overloaded.  It's more of a sink or swim for most issues.  

Slava Ukraini!