Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scout update

IRonMaN
Level 15

For those folks following my furry friend's health issues this tax season, I have good news to report.  Scout had cataract surgery yesterday.  He can see again!!!!!!!!!  I know his vision is blurry right now from first hand experience with cataract surgery, but that vision should improve each day.  It's about a 3 hour drive home from the vet clinic where his surgery was performed.  He was still on the groggy side on the trip home but every now and then he would stand up from his rest in the back seat, look out the window and have some soft little whimpers -------------- like he was telling us "This is great, I can see again!"  When I took him outside this morning he was jumping around like a puppy again.  It was a miserable tax season but it is all forgotten now that my little friend can see again.

Slava Ukraini!
14 Comments 14
sjrcpa
Level 15

Thar's great news!

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, but it was a tense morning yesterday.  I thought after the last visit to the vet that the cataract surgery was a done deal.  But when I dropped him off, they told me that first they do a couple of tests with the retina and if there were issues the vet would call me.  I kept watching the clock and my phone thinking the longer I don't hear from them, the better our odds were.  It was a great relief when I got the call saying the surgery went well and he was doing fine 😅

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Yes, but now does he have to use reading glasses for close-up work?

I did not experience blurry vision after cataract surgery. Just thought I had double vision when I got two bills from the same clinic.  Then remembered that they did two eyes.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

We won't know if he needs cheaters for a couple of more weeks 😉

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff... that's great news.  The lengths we go to for our 4-legged kids ;-).   Is Scout still hanging at work with you during recovery?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

He is going to be a conehead for two to three weeks, so he will definitely still be going to work with me for awhile longer.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Why such a long drive tho?  We had to take Tara to UC Davis Vet Hospital (a two hour drive...) for her penectomy &  chemo treatments, but I do live in the boonies.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

They do make 'soft' cones, that have an adjustable Velcro closure.  We borrowed one for Juno's 'nose' issue a few years ago; they are a bit easier on the pooch when whacking into furniture & file cabinets.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I had a blind dog with a cone after his first surgery in March, which was interesting.  After walking around blind with a cone, he has learned navigation is a piece of cake when you can actually see where you are going. 😀

Slava Ukraini!
GodFather
Level 8

Terrific news!

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Glad that Scout can see again…. Will be chasing wabbits and woad wunners soon.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've tried to discourage the woad wunners thing based on past history of chasing those things.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

@abctax55 

I missed your question about the long drive.  The only vets doing those kinds of surgeries are all located around the Twin Cities.  So for those of us preferring rural living, you need to drive if you want the services.

Slava Ukraini!