Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule D - 50 Pages

sharpcougar
Level 3

I have a new client with 50 pages of activities on his 1099. I just found out that I can't upload/import 2020 1099. Is there an alternative than putting all this data manually?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The Short and Long Term sales totals with basis reported to IRS and no wash sales, can plunked right onto the boxes at the top of the Sch D 1099B worksheet.

The other sales can be summarized and input in the 1099B worksheet entry lines below the boxes at the top, then attach a copy of the 1099B to the return as a PDF.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Taxprohere
Level 7

Ever since the covered and noncovered categories started ~2011, I've entered 3 line items per brokerage: ST covered, LT covered and LT noncovered, I confess I've never attached statements...and never had the IRS ask the client for it.  As long as the sales proceeds match (and I guess the covered basis) it was fine.

It's not as if a human looks at the attachment, if anything maybe a true or false indicator that a pdf attachment is included in the transmission?   If so, I could attach a pdf of my grocery list....(ran out of milk and eggs, busy with extensions.)

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

Totals only with wash sale amounts if any. I don't do pdf attachments. I don't have time or energy to scan and attach. I'm old school. I have one of the support staff make a copy of the broker statement and mail it to TX. I assume it gets dumped in a pile there and never looked at anyway. 

0 Cheers