Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule A programming DISASTER

30 year user
Level 2

I have been an Intuit Tax user for over 30 years now. Why all of a sudden well after the start of tax season did the programmers screw up Schedule A charitable deductions and now make you use a worksheet when for the last 30 years it was not required. What tax law change caused this? None that I am aware of.

Not to mention the inconvenience to have to now lock all the returns already filed.   I realized something was wrong this morning and I called text support and had they no clue what was going and after 30 minutes was told a morning update had caused the problem.  IF THIS WAS A REQUIRED CHANGE WHY WAS THERE NO ALERT SENT OUT THIS MORNING. I JUST RECEIVED ONE ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AT 3;30 PM Eastern Time. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! The Tech support people are now just messengers that have to communicate with the "back room" people, who ever they are. You are not allowed to talk with these people directly like you w

Hopefully this worksheet requirement can be reversed. Tech Support, please respond. I would like an explanation and an apology for no early alert and why this change was suddenly required. 

1 Comment 1
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

This was spotted this last night.  There is another long thread concerning this topic.  

0 Cheers