Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!! What a feeling!!

Camp1040
Level 10

PS Basic does not provide form 4852 Substitute form W2. I downloaded the form from the IRS website and filled it in and attached it as a PDF to the tax return along with the final pay stud and letter 62C from the IRS. In the preparer notes that are supposedly transmitted with the return, I mentioned that wages, taxable income and EIC will have to be recalculated by the IRS with the information provided in the PDF attachments. I will be sure to let all the fine folks on this forum know about my Running With Scissors moment.

The TP was in agreement concerning the extra time that may be involved, but probably quicker than paper filing.

It felt like the old days when you could write an explanation in the margins of a paper filed return.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I didnt think we could EFile a return with a 4852.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm about to find out, Professional had the the form and it appeared that it was able to be efiled. The return was not rejected, it has been a few days, I attached as other with an explaination.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully you didn't take out those razor sharp scissors.  It's best to start out with the ones they give you in kindergarten and work your way up. ✂️

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so you filled it in on a regular W2 form? I usually dont have the FEIN to be able to do that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

No regular W-2 form, I attache d Form substitute form 4852, I did not have the EIN number, a persons is going to have to look at that one!!

Camp1040
Level 10

The endorphins are pumping away!!!