Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a Distribution in Excess of Basis by a Partnership Interest Owned by an S Corporation

Level 2

A Sch K-1 was issued by a partnership to an S Corporation.  The Sch K-1 from the partnership shows a distribution in excess of basis. As it is not a distribution from the S Corp I understand that it should not be reported on the Shareholder Distributions Smart Worksheet.  Where on the 1120S should this excess distribution be reported? 


0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 15

It should appear as a capital gain. Long-term if they owned it >1 year.

Level 2

Thank you.