Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected return

Greta
Level 9

Is there a way to receive notice of rejected efiling, other than perusing the efiled listing manually to see the red reject? Should I put it on my calendar to check weekly so I don't overlook a reject?

5 Comments 5
ljr
Level 8

Durning tax season I check it daily. Part of my morning routine including checking for updates. There is a popup you can set to remind you to check every so often (like every 2 days). In the off season I do it when the pop up appears or the day after I efile a return and a few days later to make sure the state did not have an issue. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, my typical routine during tax season is to transmit in the evening and check acknowledgements the following morning.  When you receive a reject, it's pretty obvious you have one because those acknowledgements have a little more bulk to them informing you that they have been bumped.  Plus I don't rely on Intuit.  I keep my own log of returns, in, out, transmitted and accepted so I can have peace of mind.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

There is a Rejected tab in the EF Center.  Makes it very easy to see which returns you need to deal with.

Greta
Level 9

OK, I will add this to my routine. I had just hoped that a reject notice could be perhaps sent to my email address, or somehow catch my attention at a most hectic time. I've messed up on catching rejects in the past.

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

ProSeries also has the ability to run some e-file reports, including Rejected Returns. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/creating-printing-e-file-... shows you a bit about how to run those and what they have in them. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"