Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject - not current

dascpa
Level 11

Once or twice a year - all e-filed returns today rejected upon submission.  Supposed to go into each return and resave since all updates were already done.

Question - since I have hundreds of returns "waiting for 8879" is there a quicker way than going into each file and letting the program update it before e-filing?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
rbynaker
Level 13

Well, you asked so . . .

Select all of the returns you want to recalc (Ctrl-click).  Then print all to PDF.  They will calc before they print (or at least they used to).

Given ProSeries history of creating as many bugs as they fix though, I wouldn't recommend this.  I would check the bottom line of every return to make sure it matches the 8879 (and state) before efiling anything.  It's much easier to do it right than to do it over.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Dont you have to open the file to input the date the 8879 was signed before filing anyhow?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

Only on certain entity and state returns.  There is no pink error bar for Fed 8879 so I never have.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I leave the EF PIN date open until I get the 8879s. I thought thats what that date box was for, the date the client signed the 8879.

dascpa
Level 11

Since that box says Date Pin Entered and I'm 100% using the automatic generate pin I enter it the day I complete the return.  The less times I need to reopen a tax return the better.  It would really slow me down to have to open every return after the client gets their signed forms back.  That's why I hate NY, CA, MD entities, etc. as they force you to do.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Well, youre braver than me, I always open before I EF, just to make sure everything still matches the 8879 and I type in the date the client signed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I do the same as Lisa.  With Intuit at the helm, I would never dare transmit a return without comparing the refund or balance due showing on the 8879 to the actual return.  Ok, maybe I'm paranoid, but I have been here long enough to see what happens with Intuit updates to justify my paranoia disease.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

5,000,000 returns later and not once had an issue.  Now you're making me rethink my position and I really don't want to add another step to the workflow.

0 Cheers