Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will Proseries Basic work over a VPN

Poltax75
Level 2

I may be in the wrong discussion group. But I was wondering if Proseries Basic and or Professional will work over a VPN?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure what you mean by "over" VPN.  Ive got ESET VPN on my system and Proseries works fine.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Poltax75
Level 2

Lisa,

Thank you very much for your quick response to my question.

By "OVER' VPN, I simply meant that the data would be traveling on a VPN network.

Do many tax preparers use VPN?

Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Poltax75 wrote:

Lisa,

Thank you very much for your quick response to my question.

By "OVER' VPN, I simply meant that the data would be traveling on a VPN network.

Do many tax preparers use VPN?

Thanks

Im not sure I even understand what it does or why I would need it, but Ive seen it talked about in other tax groups so when my anti-virus offered it, I figured better safe than sorry and signed up for it.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, is the short answer….but  maybe, or, it depends, is probably more accurate….

It really depends on the VPN… which, of course, Intuit does will not support …. (There are just too many VPNs and too many configurations)…

I tried to access network server through vpn several years ago… it worked but was slow…  certainly worth another try

IMO, Intuit has been heavily pushing hosted solutions. I doubt they’ll put much effort into improving the network solution.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround