Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the program printing a 1040V for the amount on the 9465 form to come out of a bank account?

shf1957
Level 7

Have a client oweing around 18000.  he wants to file and have 5000 only taken out of his bank account and make 500 a month payments.    I have checked on the information sheet  no direct with drawls and no direct deposit.  But on the 9465 form I put his bank info on it and stated to take the 5000.. plus the dates for the payments... but when printing his packet.. it has the 1040V.    Is I change the front information sheet to direct with drawl of the balance it shows the 5000 off and looks like it will withdraw the balance 13000.  Didn't know which way or what to do prior to efiling.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
shf1957
Level 7

Is it that that form will only take out the monthly payments.. and he is to mail in the 5000?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know a month or two ago, the 1040V started printing even when EFW was chosen, so I wouldnt give the 1040V too much credit for accuracy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
freddielong2
Level 1

where can I find EFW

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

EFW is Electronic Funds Withdrawal (Direct Debit)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers