Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Transcript

GodFather
Level 8

Client has asked for a copy of his return.  She indicated she does not need the entire return, just the transcript.  I recall printing a transcript for a client not long ago but can't seem to remember the steps to accomplish that.  Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
PATAX
Level 15

I wasn't aware that Pro Series can print a transcript as I thought transcripts were printed by the IRS, but you may be right. I would just give her a copy of the return, and if she doesn't want the whole copy then just give her the first two pages. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ve never heard of that either so I agree, give her the whole return.  But with that said, are you sure that a banker wasn’t looking for a copy of the actual IRS transcript? 

Slava Ukraini!
judys3
Level 4

I think she can create an account thru id.me and print a transcript from the IRS website.  I might be wrong.

GodFather
Level 8

Thanks for the reply.  You're both right, I don't think PS provides a transcript but they do provide a summary.  Appreciate the input.