Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential tax preparer scam heads up

PATAX
Level 15

Received email this morning that automatically went straight to the spam folder from an unknown individual: " From "name" Re: Taxes please find my extension documents attached-"name" has sent you files. Expires 8/30/2024 2023 tax "name"- docs.zip 19..".  I immediately deleted this email from the spam folder. A colleague has received emails like this also.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, those types of e-mails have been floating around for a while.  For the record, I think the e-mail you received was from the trustee of the Nigerian Prince's estate.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, those types of e-mails have been floating around for a while.  For the record, I think the e-mail you received was from the trustee of the Nigerian Prince's estate.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 🤣🤣🤣

Drphibes
Level 7

I get one of these type of "inquiries" at least 1x every couple of weeks.  I usually check the e-mail address it came from and that gives me the clue it's hokey.   The e-mails to really watch out for show Intuit sending you the e-mail wanting you to click on a link.  If you check the e-mail address, it is very close to the Intuit one.

PATAX
Level 15

@Drphibes👍👍👍 Thank you very much for that valuable information.