Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA local tax return - W-2 with no withholding/ Keystone required?

linduca1216
Level 7

Initially I was going to report it on line 1.  Am thinking it would be better on line 3 with an explanation.

Also, it would seem that since a local return can be generated, I wouldn't need to file it via Keystone.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Keystone needs to be paper filed unless you separately e-file using the Keystone system, if they have one.

Wages go on line 1. Local wages are USUALLY the same as PA wages. When they're input on W2, they flow to PA Local form.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Accountant-Man
Level 13

FYI, PA Local authorities get copies of the W2, so they will look for Line 1 wages. If you put it as Other  Income on line 3, they might still add line 1 wages.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
PATAX
Level 15

Yes I would paper file and use generic form in software and modify it for Keystone info. It is wages like Accountant Man said. Keystone should accept the generic form and I would think they would accept the check payment enclosed, since local wage tax was apparently not withheld per W-2. Don't forget to add interest and penalties on the return.