Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My retirement

rcooley25
Level 11

Yesterday I sent out a letter to my clients telling them I will not be preparing income tax returns next year.

I      am now officially retired which means al of my felow preparers who got upset with some of the comments I made during the last tax season will not have to put up with me in 2024.

18 Comments 18
IRonMaN
Level 15

Congratulations on your retirement!

But just because you are retired doesn't mean you can't grab a bottle of Fireball and spread your cheer by posting here from time to time.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Congratulations! Enjoy retirement.

And do drop in to see us.

Ex-AllStar
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You better disconnect your phone or change your number, and move to a different state with no forwarding address.

What percent do you think will actually open a letter from their accountant this time of year?

I betting you get some knocking on your door come April!

Any enjoy the retirement and Fireball!

PATAX
Level 15

Good luck on retirement Brother Cooley. Make sure you keep coming back to this forum and leaving your comments.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Don't forget to secure your PIN, EFIN, Intuit license, etc, to avoid finding fraudulent use later.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010 wrote:

What percent do you think will actually open a letter from their accountant this time of year?

He used those envelopes that look like official communications from IRS.

But that could backfire, since some clients are known to ignore those even when opening everything else.  

JRC
Level 8

Congratulations to you. 

Accountant-Man
Level 13

I sold my clients list last January, so I have 3 more tax seasons to consult, assist, scream at the clients, etc.

410 out of 512 1040s came over, 74 out of 77 others came, so I get 25% of their fees for 4 years, too. Plus I work the 1041s and try to bring in more (tomorrow is a meeting with a potential new trust client).

There are probably a few stragglers still trying to get their own new CPA, and undoubtedly can't.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dascpa
Level 11

I'm confused.  Retirement?  I just had my third grandchild a week ago.  I can't afford to retire.  There's toys to buy, 529 plans to fund and more.  My succession plan - die at my desk.  Told my wife to put on my tombstone - tax season is officially over.

rcooley25
Level 11

I plan on doing just that. Especially the part about the fireball

rcooley25
Level 11

If they dont open the letter they are going to have one heck of a surpise when they try to make an appointment next year.

rcooley25
Level 11

thank you very much.

rcooley25
Level 11

Will do

rcooley25
Level 11

I can afford to retire for one reason only. My mother in law (God rest her soul) did me only one favor in my life. She died and left my wife and I a very very noce inheritance.

Accountant-Man
Level 13

I married well.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dkh
Level 15

Happy retirement RCooley !   

linduca
Level 3

Enjoy!!

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Congrats! Enjoy retired life

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround