Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's insane!!! ProSeries is going to charge me again for the same state I paid for the same client!

helenyin
Level 4

Hi there,

Not sure if any of you experienced this before.

I updated some data on the Federal return. However, the changes did not reflect on the state return. So I decided to remove the state return and re-add the same state. 

ProSeries is charging me again for the same state. I can't AFFORD it.

Can someone please help me and let me know who I should contact and have this issue resolved.

Thank you.
Helen

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, never delete the state return once youve paid for it, it deletes the PPR information. (been there done that)

You will need to call into support and they can give you manual PPR code so you dont get double charged, but you may decide its more cost advantageous to just pay it again than to sit on hold for who knows how long and deal with support.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

You'll have to call support. Sorry, no one here can help you with that.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, never delete the state return once youve paid for it, it deletes the PPR information. (been there done that)

You will need to call into support and they can give you manual PPR code so you dont get double charged, but you may decide its more cost advantageous to just pay it again than to sit on hold for who knows how long and deal with support.

helenyin
Level 4

Thank you Lisa for sharing your experience with me. I actually ended up recreate the state return using ProSeries Basic which I had that state as the package deal.

But now I'm having other issues with this 1040NR. I am unable to create the e-file. The message says that my PTIN is not verified. I'll ask our wonderful community for help again.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Tools > Preparer/Firm Information, theres a little PTIN verification checkbox you need to hit.

ptinverify.png

helenyin
Level 4

It worked. 

Thank you Lisa.

Don't understand why this did not happen when I e-filed the other returns. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe an update shook it loose again, I gave up asking why!

0 Cheers