Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

jorat
Level 1

With Intuit Link, Is the customer's bank and brokerage information user/password or linkage saved or does he have to go in every year and log into each financial institution to pull forms down? If it's the latter, it sort of defeats the purpose as it'll be as easy to just log in without intuit and export to PDF. Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does Link access financial institutions?  I dont use it, but I thought it was just for sending files/messages back and forth with the client.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

IntuitLink (I use it with standalone PS Pro) is just a portal to exchange files and send notifications.  The only thing Intuit Link really retains is the primary email address....   (i.e. client uploads data... when complete I upload returns, invoice, etc...)

That said,  banking info and (Sch D) brokerage info, carryovers, etc., is retained by the ProSeries program and transferred each  year when you transfer the client info to preparer the ensuing years return.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
jorat
Level 1

My question is a little different. When a customer logs into Intuit link, they are prompted to pull 1099 and other forms directly from the financial website. All they have to provide is a username/password and intuit link does the rest by puling all relevant forms. Is that info stored across multiple years thus enabling some automation every year for all these forms. Most of my customers have about 2-3 bank accounts and 2-3 brokerages as well so this yields some time savings if it indeed will work this way. Thanks

0 Cheers