Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter multiple disasters in the same year on Form 8915F

Jennifer P
Level 1

Is there a way to include two disasters from the same year on Form 8915F in Proseries? A taxpayer should be allowed to take a $22,000 distribution per disaster, but the Form 8915F3-T is only allowing me to enter one.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like theres a 1, 2 and 3 , dont these let you enter separate disasters?

8915123.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jennifer P
Level 1

Those allow you to enter disasters from different years, not multiple disasters in one year. 1 is for 2021, 2 is for 2022, and 3 is for 2023. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

All of them say 2023 8915F smart worksheet at the top...ohhh is it used for the 1/3 payments for those prior years maybe

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yea, I just fiddled around with it some, and it doesnt seem to allow more than 22,000 per year per person, are you sure its per disaster?

0 Cheers
Jennifer P
Level 1

Yes, the IRS states that it is per disaster, and they have examples that show how to fill out the 8915 with multiple disasters in one year. The software just doesn't seem to allow it, or I can't figure it out. The form in Proseries even references more than one disaster, but I don't see any way to fill in those spots.

0 Cheers