Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 - IRS letter

TexCPA
Level 3

When a taxpayer declines the advanced Premium Tax Credit (PTC), the 1095-A is issued with zeros in Column B. ProSeries will not let you have a zero in Column B for the 1095-A SLCSP (Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan) Column B. You are supposed to go lookup at Healthcare.gov the SLCSP and enter it. However, ProSeries does not generate the individual months on form 8962 causing the client to get a nasty-gram from the IRS that their form 8962 was done incorrectly. There is a checkbox on the 8962 to be marked 'no' and I'm assuming thereby generate numbers in lines 12-23 of form 8962, but there is no cross reference and no over-ride. How am I supposed to get the software to calculate the correct amounts for the IRS on form 8962 in lines 12 to 23? 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
workaround:

Raise one month by $1 and reduce another month by $1, that should make all the individual months show up on the 8962 Column B.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TexCPA
Level 3

That worked, thank you!!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@TexCPA wrote:

However, ProSeries does not generate the individual months on form 8962 causing the client to get a nasty-gram from the IRS that their form 8962 was done incorrectly.

ProSeries is doing it according to the IRS Instructions for Form 8962.

Personally, I would respond to the IRS with my own nasty-gram saying they need to read their own Instructions.