Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F: How are others working around the unavailability of the form in Proseries?

jimgaycpa
Level 1

Since there is no forecasted date of availability, I am interested to see how others are working around this issue (Covid19 Distribution Election to spread 2020 distributions over 3 years).

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

as of now, I await release of 8915-F. Although, I think its ridiculous its taking this long for a form that is not complex. 

There is a workaround bouncing around here somewhere. I may do that if push comes to shove but most of my people that spread owes this year so they are not in a rush. 

jimgaycpa
Level 1

Everyone is just saying to wait, I guess I am a little impatient and trying to minimize my time on these.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Since there is no forecasted date of availability,"

It's been March 24 for about a week, now; before that it showed March 31.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

You can monitor it through the program or on the web.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I worked around the issue last year.  All of my clients had adequate withholding so we didn't play the deferral game.  Now I am even happier that we went that route.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

If Intuit lives up to their word that form is suppose to be here March 24th.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Yes they are stepping up getting it ready. No one can be more impaitence than I am  on this matter but I am willing to wait untill March 24th before I take alternate steps.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I have right now 25 clients who are waiting on this form and they have refunds coming.

0 Cheers