Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8812 line 4a 4b and 4c

Julie16
Level 1

Hello,

I am struggling with form 8812 and I am hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

My husband and I are filing jointly. We have one qualified child (a two-year-old), and no other dependents.

That means I would put:

4a: 1

4b: 1

4c: 0

Do you all agree? Cause this then prompts me to put zeros for like everything and then go to Part 3 (additional tax). Once I fill this out, it wants me to refund all the money I received as "advance child tax credits." 

I do not think this is right. I received $1,500 in advance payments (between my husband and I). The Form 8812 instructions say I should receive $3,600 for a kid under the age of six. I should be expecting an additional child tax credit of $2,100. Not to be paying back the advance payment they gave me.

Thank you!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

This is a forum for professional practitioners.  It sounds like you should go to the TurboTax forum.  To answer your question though please refer to both of your 6419 Letters the IRS issued to you (should have been in January).  Confirm the amounts are correct as the IRS erred on a lot of them as they might have been printed prior to the last (December) payment.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for DIY help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Julie16
Level 1

Thank you, I will try turbo tax forums. Yes, I have my 6419 letters. That’s where I got the $1,500 amount. I will check it for accuracy.

Thanks

0 Cheers