Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5471 for a 1065

DanCoc
Level 3

Form 5471 with 1065: In the past few years I have been able to complete Form 5471 and attach as a pdf to the Form 1065 and still e-file. This Form is not included with the 1065 only with the 1040 software. I have a 1065 ready to go and am getting an error message when I attach the 5471, states the return has a Form that MeF is not accepting as a binary attachment. Any working with 1065's and 5471 have any advice on how to proceed other than just mailing in the return?   Also, wondering if Lacerte might have this with their 1065 program, I've never transferred a tax file over but would give it try if they had the Form. Thanks, Dan

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When attaching the pdf, under description, do not use the word "form" just put "5471 information return" Some people have issues if they use the word "form". Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When attaching the pdf, under description, do not use the word "form" just put "5471 information return" Some people have issues if they use the word "form". Hope that helps

DanCoc
Level 3

Thank you for replying, I followed your suggestion, and the error message didn't appear this time.  I need to wait for the client's final review and signature before submitting the e-file but hopefully this is the cure!  Thanks again, Dan

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You are welcome

0 Cheers
DanCoc
Level 3

Just following up to send a Thanks again and to let you know that with making the change you suggested, the return was accepted through the e-file system.  Dan