Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1040-V not generating when payment is due & no EFW elected

Hello,

All of a sudden my 1040's will not generate a 1040-V, nor will my VA 760 state return. I've made sure my updates are current, rebooted....no clue.

Has anyone experienced the same?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Something weird happened in an update a few months ago, Ive noticed the 1040V now seems to print when EFW is chosen and its NOT needed, so it stands to reason they screwed it up and it doesnt print when it IS needed.

You should be able to open it on the screen and print from there, no?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

UPDATE

I prepared a return 10 days ago with liability vouchers generating with no problem. It seems as though this might be a glitch in a recent update as a prior posting 6 days ago mentioned...

I tried creating the 1040-V by adding it and overriding each field with info. When I did this 1) the form would not save as an active form with all the others and 2) when I printed to pdf, it only generated the address info, no tax payer or SSN.

I also was able to manually create the VA voucher by overriding fields but same issue of form not saving - info would populate fully however. 

I called ProSeries support and spent 1.5 hours troubleshooting - she was awesome and had high level giving her input on stuff we did not try as well. For the federal we ended up creating the form 1040-V and only entering the amount due on the voucher and all the info populated on the form and it saved. This is definitely a glitch since this form should create on it's own when no electronic withdrawal is enabled.

We could not get the VA voucher to populate at all on its own.

In the meantime, for my voucher clients, I will manually create with pdf.

There is an open case on this. 

Thanks Lisa!

Wondering if you enter "0" for the amount due in the generated 1040-V that you don't need...will that make it go away.

0 Cheers