Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on launch-issue with Microsoft.NET framework file

TereeC
Level 2

I am getting an error message when I launch ProSeries Basic.  It states "Error Message - ProSeries has detected an issue with a Microsoft .NET Framework file that will prevent ProSeries from running properly.  Please follow the instructions in the link below to correct the issue.  If the problem persists, restart ProSeries."  

While this looks like it will be helpful, the information in the link indicates that ProSeries support cannot help you and you must contact your IT professional.  I will talk to support tomorrow, but this doesn't make me feel great.  I am a sole proprietor, and don't have an IT professional.  The link directs you to open "hidden files" on your computer and delete and/or modify files.  I have tried that but can't find the hidden files.  I am using a Mac computer with a Parallels interface so that I can run Windows based programs.  While ProSeries is aware of this type of use by practitioners, they probably will be even less likely to help me.  

Has anyone had this issue?  Any suggestions on what I can do?  Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since youre using a MAC, Im not sure any links or info provided will apply.  Its generally a problem with a Windows file that needs to be repaired, I have no clue how that works when running on a MAC.

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/repairing-reinstalling-mi...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since youre using a MAC, Im not sure any links or info provided will apply.  Its generally a problem with a Windows file that needs to be repaired, I have no clue how that works when running on a MAC.

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/repairing-reinstalling-mi...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TereeC
Level 2

Thanks so much for the reply.  I was able to solve the problem.  Even being on a Mac using Parallels to mimic the Microsoft environment.  It is the same as being on a PC, so the instructions from Intuit worked.  I just needed to find the file which was hidden.  A local IT person helped with that, thankfully.  From there, the Intuit instructions fixed the problem.