Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC

MGC94
Level 7

Client is now allowed to claim EIC for 5 years. How do I take this out? They qualify but were audited from a previous preparer. I called pro series and they told me to call the IRS

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I assume you mean they are NOT allowed to claim EIC, right?

First, double check that is the case (and see the link below).

If that truly is the case, is there a children involved that trigger the EIC?  If so, on the line where you enter the dependent's information, change the box for EIC to indicate the child is NOT a qualifying child for EIC.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/what-to-do-if-we-deny-yo...

rbynaker
Level 13

Isn't there something way down on the federal info wks to mark for not eligible for EIC?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@rbynaker wrote:

Isn't there something way down on the federal info wks to mark for not eligible for EIC?

There is something like "is taxpayer a qualifying person for somebody else for EIC" or something like that, and that would presumably disqualify it.  But I didn't feel like looking up what exactly it asked.   😂

Plus, I think if you were denied because of a kid, you ARE still eligible for a non-kid EIC.