Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOT worker meals

gregoryjl
Level 1

how do you get Pro Series to enter 80% of meals for DOT workers on the 2106.  This is for NYS deductions

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
ljr
Level 8

you can usually efile with an override - uncheck error or override box - don't remember which when you go to file. it should work. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They bury it in there pretty deep, are you asking how to get to the entry point, or are you there and its not working for you?

Fed Sch A, QZ button above Line 16, then hit the button on Line 1, 2106,  then hit that button on Line B then scroll down to Line 14.

Its been years and years since Ive needed to use this, so Im not sure how it works, but I think thats your entry point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gregoryjl
Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I have no problem getting the numbers entered.  It's the final calculation the program makes.  DOT truckers can use 80% of meals but the program uses 50% even though I have the DOT box checked.  I did one several years ago and just over rid the 50% calc and made it 80%.  I was able to efile.  Now it will not let you efile with the override.  Don't need this for Fed return, just the NYS return.  The NY does not show the override, so I will file that, then remove override and file Fed.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I remember it being clunky and troublesome in the past as well, sometime you just have to find a workaround!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

you can usually efile with an override - uncheck error or override box - don't remember which when you go to file. it should work. 

0 Cheers