Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Scotty beam up that post?

PATAX
Level 15

There was a post earlier that I wanted to leave a comment to, but I got sidetracked pruning the fig trees. It looks like it disappeared . So I guess I'll just leave my comment here: "I would ask Heidi if she knew, but she is on a conference call with Scout and Juno, and she told me never to interrupt her when she is on the phone.🐕🐕🐕☝"

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why are you missing out on your new income streams?  Since you don't eat many of them, open up a "pick your own figs" farm.  You also can draw parents with kids in by using your deer as a petting zoo.  While the kids are there you can sell portraits of the kids sitting with "Heidi the Tax Dog".  😁

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX 

What was the post about generally?  There has been some wonkiness going on, especially with the OP marking their own answers to posts as the "solve".  Maybe folks are trying to bulk up on points since the Intuit Christmas catalog will be out soon.  It's usually available around the same time CostCo puts out the Halloween decorations.

Juno is recovering; yesterday was National Dog Day so we spoiled her even *more* than normal.  I'm not sure she got Heidi's message.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man and you left comments on there. Your comment I believe said that you would do as "instructed". 

abctax55
Level 15

Oh, that one.  S/he did want it deleted.  QBteach posted you can click on the "..." in the upper right of your post & ask a moderator to delete it.  I wasn't aware of that *feature*.  I thought all you could do was edit your post and remove all the info.   Every day, I learn something new 😉

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

I didn't know that either. They took care of that real quick, but then there are issues with the software that do not get resolved so quick.

abctax55
Level 15

Yep.... ignore the important stuff this place needs (like a decent search function) .

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

We had multiple posts from her, a name change, and a deleted post - it was a busy day for that question.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

And don't forget specific instructions on forum protocol /S

( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

@PATAX Did you have a good fig harvest this year?

I'd say ours was good, not great. It's winding down now. Only 1 1/2 quarts yesterday. About 6 or 7 at peak.

EDIT: P.S. I'm snacking on some now.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Yum... I love fig jam over brie. I can make dinner out of it.

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa it has been pretty good this year. Usually they do not ripen until September or October, and usually all at once. But this year with the real hot summer and I pruned the trees back a little bit, I got figs early and staggered. I don't eat them too much, but deer will come into the yard to eat them.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Why are you missing out on your new income streams?  Since you don't eat many of them, open up a "pick your own figs" farm.  You also can draw parents with kids in by using your deer as a petting zoo.  While the kids are there you can sell portraits of the kids sitting with "Heidi the Tax Dog".  😁

Slava Ukraini!