Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apology

Tinabrookyln
Level 3

I want to apologize for my rudeness, I felt like a new kid in the block and I was being bully, thanks for the comments that were made to help me.

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Thank you. 

And please do come around when you have a question you have not been able to find an answer. Most of the discussions on here tend to be "how to make the software work" type of thing as opposed to tax law items, though we do get into those as well.

Myself I was trained by a Partner in the first firm I first worked for, who would never give me the answer to a question. He would make me go research it, possibly give me a hint where to find it, but never just give me the answer. Frustrated me at the time, but now (40 years down the road) I understand it. He wanted me to be able to search first, and come up with what I thought was the answer, and be able to present it to him, and defend my reasoning.

Harder than just getting the answer? Absolutely.  A more valuable lesson in the long run? No doubt about that either.

Sometimes, I will go down the road of giving hint's, or "did you think about this" kind of following his example of teaching others how to reason things out for themselves.

Again I hope that your future interaction here will be better handled - by everyone.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Do stick around. We're not too bad once you get to know us.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a very short term memory - I don’t recall any rudeness.

As a side note, it does help to have thick skin here.  Overall there are some really knowledgeable people here that have a lot of good advice to share.  Sometimes we all say things that were better left unsaid, but that’s life and those things happen.  And sometimes we say those things more often than we should, but it’s tax season and we just can’t help ourselves 😉

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Ah, shucks. Make sure to let someone know what you find, when you post a question and get it resolved, or mark the solution, so that your topic becomes a resource for the next person asking about that same thing.

Welcome to the group.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.