Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And in the this will make folks happy department

IRonMaN
Level 15

I see that this was just posted this morning"

"When the form 5695 was finalized on 2/7/24 any information input on the form was removed. Please be sure to revisit Form 5695 before filing the returns. Information entered after 2/7/24 is not affected."

Anybody want to start putting guesses on when the first post arrives here from a preparer saying their client's refund was short by the amount of the energy credit shown on the return?  A lot of folks never look back before they hit the send button so this could be another fun ride down the Intuit community highway.

Slava Ukraini!
13 Comments 13
dkh
Level 15

Feel like that post should've been a yellow banner ALERT  

Not everyone visits this forum 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But then again, not everyone reads those banners either.

Slava Ukraini!
ljsmith2
Level 4

Fortunately I did notice...where did the solar credit go?    Thought I must have done something but glad to hear it was not just me.

I notified my client not to panic when the original refund was short.

Have been ready to e-file superseded return, but it is not allowing direct deposit of her refund.

Error says "direct deposit cannot be checked ....unless the return is being electronically filed. This message will automatically resolve once electronic filing is chosen as the filing method for this return"

Boxes currently checked: "File federal superseded return electronically" ;  "Check if original federal return was successfully e-filed" ;  "File federal return electronically"

Any suggestions?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Try filing an amended return instead of a superseded return?

Slava Ukraini!

I have a suggestion.  Maybe you should send Intuit a bill for the amount THEIR program shorted your client?

Fortunately, this new disaster known as ProSeries won't affect me.  But I am eagerly awaiting today's updates and what new calamitites they will bring.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Debits have to equal credits.  

One fix or update always means something else gets broken.

Slava Ukraini!

A very astute observation, wise sage!

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

<<One fix or update always means something else gets broken.>>

Definitely an improvement on Intuit's part....

Update standard used to be fix one break two. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

That was back in the days where they offered their 2 for 1 specials.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I lucked out, my first 5695 was efiled on 02/08/2024!

I was looking up my clients number to give them a call since I was sure it was the 7th, but then again, I never like being first in line except for a buffet.

PATAX
Level 15

I wonder if the banner hanging at the Intuit New Years Eve party was: "Out with the old, in with the Old!"

IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe it was something like:

Out wth the old, in with the Olld

Oute with the old, in wth the Oldd

Ote withh thee old in with the Old

Our banner is experiencing an unexpected behavior and will be corrected in a future banner.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

When the clock struck midnight, Intuit turned up the speakers full blast and played: "Do it again" by Steely Dan.