Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095a

470pitt
Level 3

the parents received a 1095A with their child on it but they did not claim her as a dependent

the IRS has rejected the childs return asking for a 1095A she doesn't have a 1095A of her

own she is on her parents 1095A. What should I  do

Thank You

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

On the bottom of the 1095-A input screen there is a section for shared policy info. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the child's return needs the 1095A included on it too and you need to allocate to the parents/child in whatever way works out best.    The allocation section is down below Line 33 of the 1095A entry screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
470pitt
Level 3

So do I take 1/3 of the 1095a for the child and 2/3 for the parents.  I never have done one of

these so I am a bit confused

Thank You

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I asked you some additional questions on your new post.

0 Cheers
470pitt
Level 3

No they did not claim the daughter. I already prepared the parents taxes and yes there was

advanced credit on the 1095A

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

This is why it doesn't help to have started another topic; now it's running in two places.

"No they did not claim the daughter."

That wasn't the question. The question asked if she is able to be claimed as a dependent? It's not an issue of whether they claimed her. It's an issue of if she can be claimed even if not claimed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.