Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040NR efile error code 54

DCI
Level 3

Good morning,

We are unable to efile form 1040NR, getting an error code 54 which states that the version of the program we are using is no longer current.  No problem efiling Form 1040.

We have updated in a variety of ways:

- Update / Update Installed Products

- Updates / Select and Download New Products

- from the Windows bar

Although when running the Review, no errors come up, could it be that the form 1040NR is not ready to e-file?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

Give it 5-10 minutes then try again and it should go through. No updates required, we identified and resolved a problem on our side. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its update day, sounds like something got wonky when the program updated. Try using REPAIR UPDATES from the Windows programs menu.

repair22.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DCI
Level 3

Thanks Lisa, but unfortunately that did not work either.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  are you seeing any other reports of an update snafu with the 1040NR?   

I know I saw an update for it install this morning on my office system (I dont prepare 1040NR returns so I dont have anyone to test it on)

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

Thanks for tagging us @Just-Lisa-Now- I'm checking in on this one now. 

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

Give it 5-10 minutes then try again and it should go through. No updates required, we identified and resolved a problem on our side. 

DCI
Level 3

Thank you Charlene and Lisa - it works now!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitCharlene  theres still a problem EF the 1040NR extension, people are still getting the Error 54 for this...can anyone confirm this has been acknowledged?

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

Thank you for the tag @Just-Lisa-Now-   I'm following up with our e-file teams to see what's happening. I'll let you know as soon as we know something more. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen it reported over in the FB group, as well as someone added onto this thread, in case youre looking for more info from someone with the problem.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-validation-code-erro...

Heres the FB screen shot
1040nrerror.png

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

The issue has been fixed on our side and 1040NR extensions should now be able to be e-filed. Thank you for getting this reported! 

Sara_K
Level 1

Hi,

I'm doing 2023 taxes, network program, I have now started to get an error message when I try to file the Minnesota Property Tax - Error message 

(54) FAILED_VALIDATION Error Code 54, The version of ProSeries you are using is no longer current.

I have updated, did the repair, nothing works

0 Cheers