Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise Your Rates Part II

PATAX
Level 15

A recent post on this forum discussed increasing Intuit rates each year. But it seems like everything is going up. So we have to increase our rates accordingly. For example, I had to buy a wedding card for a client. The first card I looked at was over $5! Can you believe that? I kept looking and all the other cards were over $5 too. I was thinking about just getting a plain white mailing envelope, and writing "Congratulations" on that and putting their money in it. But I kept looking, and I found one for under $2. For those wondering how much I am going to put in the card, well all they are getting is $50 and that's plenty since I'm not going to the wedding. I'm sure some of you will say this is cheap, but I don't think so. If I was a cheap @$$ like some of my extended relatives, then I would put $20 in the envelope AND show up at the reception and eat $50 worth of food. Now that is cheap.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

My rates are low.  I think I am at the tax preparation price level of 1981.  I think I am going to crank prices up to 1983 this year.

My gifting levels for wedding and funeral cards depends on how well I know them or how are they related.  So accordingly, I have a  price range that I consider.  If I don’t know them well I put $1 in the card.  If they are close family it jumps up to $5.   

By the way you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet😜

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

My rates are low.  I think I am at the tax preparation price level of 1981.  I think I am going to crank prices up to 1983 this year.

My gifting levels for wedding and funeral cards depends on how well I know them or how are they related.  So accordingly, I have a  price range that I consider.  If I don’t know them well I put $1 in the card.  If they are close family it jumps up to $5.   

By the way you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet😜

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

My rates were low for many years. Especially compared to other CPAs. Last couple of years I've been raising the rates and not one client has complained. And I'm still low. I'll be raising the rates again. If they don't like it then they can leave.

qbteachmt
Level 15

I buy cards at the dollar store, which also isn't a dollar any more.

Of course you should raise your rates.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Taxtime3
Level 3

I make my own.  I still have plenty of crayons left after tax season.  I need to use them on something else besides returns.

PATAX
Level 15

😀👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

Who needs a card?  Nobody actually reads them.  They go through the motion like they are reading them but when push comes to shove, they just want to know how much you gave them. 💵

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN you hit the nail on the head Iron Man..... The only people that care about the words in the cards are mainly female relatives, like moms, grandmas, wives, sisters, Etc. Other than them, no one else really cares about the words, they just want the moola.