Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queen Elizabeth has been dethroned

PATAX
Level 15

I returned a lot of phone calls today, one PITA after another. I called Queen Elizabeth up. Every year she has an issue. Every year she has a question. She likes to talk. She just can't sign  efile signature forms and be done with it. Her daughter received 1099nec from college for something she did and Queen Elizabeth wasn't happy. The amount was small, but the know-it-all started going on that she called the entity about it and blah blah blah. So I took the advice of my friend Jim, and I told her, look I'm just going to cut to the chase, the college is not going to go back and give you a W-2 because the taxes were not withheld and all the quarterly reports and annual reports have been filed. This is why I don't like to answer the phone. Now you know. Back to work now.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

Just remember if they were all smart like us they wouldn't need our help.  

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

I had a retired client in yesterday.  This year he didn't have enough income to file, but based on last year's property tax statement, it looks like he could possibly qualify for Minnesota's property tax refund.  I told him that I would hold on to his stuff and as soon as he gets his 2024 property tax statement he should bring it down to me.  He mentioned that he had the proposed statement in with his stuff.  I explained that wasn't worth the paper it was printed on for a tax statement, so just bring down the actual statement when he gets it.  Ok, he was happy to hear he might get a refund and he will bring the statement down as soon as he gets it.  This was at 2:00 yesterday afternoon.  I ran out for a little bit at 5:00 and the phone rings at 5:15. He is looking for me.  He asked when I would be back and Ironwoman said she wasn't sure, but she could have me call him back.  No, that wouldn't work, so he will call back in the morning.  So I am in with a client and he calls this morning.  This time he is ok with leaving a message and asks for me to call him.  I call him back and he tells me that he hasn't received his 2024 property tax statement yet, but he thinks he left the proposed statement in with his stuff and asked if I could take a look.  Sorry Charlie, we just had this conversation yesterday and I am pretty sure after a several minute conversation, I told him I needed the actual 2024 statement.  Is Groundhog Day late this year?  I could have sworn I could hear "I Got You Babe" playing somewhere while I was on the phone with him.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

By any chance does she live in King of Prussia?

GodFather
Level 8

I bet it felt good to say that. You gotta cut'em off occasionally.    

Taxtime3
Level 3

I had one we will call Queen Dummy.  She calls and said she wanted to know when I would be done with her return because she needed her refund.  I said it would probably go a lot faster if you bring me your information!  Good lord.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Your reputation is so good around town that she just assumed you were capable of preparing her return without her having to give you anything.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@BobKamman 👍 more like Queen of Hippoville.

PATAX
Level 15

@GodFather 👍 I'm going to do it more often now. If clients don't like it then they can leave.

BobKamman
Level 15

Just remember if they were all smart like us they wouldn't need our help.  

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 maybe not the brightest star in the sky there or maybe he's forgetful, maybe coming down with early stages of Alzheimer's or something. I had one last year that insisted she didn't get a 1099 form and made a federal case about it calling everyone. When she brought the data in in late March the form was postmarked in January so she had it all along. This year she must have called me a dozen or so times the last two or three days and I didn't answer. Finally I answered and she asked me, did you get the tax data that I mailed to you? I told her yeah.

PATAX
Level 15

@Taxtime3 👍 Queen Dummy is a good one.

@IRonMaN said:

Your reputation is so good around town that she just assumed you were capable of preparing her return without her having to give you anything.

No, that would be Jim.  Tax return is done before you can take your coat off.

Taxtime3
Level 3

Maybe she will ride by the office today, and I can at least look at everything through the window.