Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries would not update so couldn't efile and had to reinstall duplicating clients

MNH
Level 3

For the 2nd time this tax season, Proseries would not update, which would then not allow me to efile.  After hours on the phone with Tech Support, they had me uninstall, then reinstall the product. Then had to restore the clients (2nd time)  It appears because this was the 2nd time this had to be done, all clients were duplicated and some information on some returns was lost.   How do I get the duplicate files to go away and make sure that the clients that I'm keeping are actually the ones I worked on already?  Very frustrated with ProSeries this year.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
mm1
Level 5

That is most unfortunate! They should have advised you to copy the client data file to another name or make a backup of your data file folder as a backup in case anything went wrong and it obviously did. Do you have an external backup service possibly? We have a cloud service backup of the data files. I can restore the clients data file using the cloud backup should anything happen on our server but only if I do it within a certain timeframe. If not, I hope you can go to the data file and see the dates on the files, then delete the file showing the date of the second restoration. I have not had this happen so I am making a suggestion only. There may be a simpler way to discover original versus duplicate. If not, another call to Tech Support is in order because that is what I call a major problem if some data is missing from already filed returns. 

0 Cheers