Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries failed to notify preparers on the carryforward worksheet of the 1/3 IRA Covid repayment in 2021? Why wasn't this info on a carryforward schedule?

info19
Level 1

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
dascpa
Level 11

Maybe because ProSeries assumes a professional tax preparer would (a) keep their own list of clients it applies to, (b) look at last year's return while preparing the current year, and (c) they never planned to do it, or (d) they don't care.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the most recent article including how to use the new query:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/retirement-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-8...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
does he carryforward worksheet have a place for that?

Theres been disaster distributions for years and years, I don;t remember seeing people complaining about those taking a long time for the form (and yes, they are delayed every year!) to be ready or that it doesnt show on a carryover worksheet anywhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

It just blows my mind that this issue keeps coming up. Wat kind of tax preparer does not look at the previous tax return if available when preparing the tax return. I have looked at the sample 8915F and there is simply not anything hard in entering the information maually. If a dum dum like me can fiqure it out why cannot smart people like you do the same.

qbteachmt
Level 15

I saw where someone deleted all the work they did, so they could transfer the client fresh, and then redid everything, and it seems it would be easier to just work through the 8915-F, if you already have everything else entered. That's just my perspective, of course.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Lisa, if you havebeen reading my post you know that no one is more upset about the 8915F situation than I am. Other than being rightfully ticked off about the form not being availiable when it should have been I think that some of my fellow preparers that I have been following are making much to do about nothing.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

For once I agree with you. Those who are deleting the tax return and retranfering it are simply making more work for them selves. There is simply nothing difficult about entering the information on to 8915F manually.  The problem is we need the **bleep** form in our system.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

And ProSeries didn't notify me to remind me to brush my teeth this morning.  And they didn't notify me that I needed to stop at those stop signs on my way into work this morning.  And what really ticks me off, they never notified me that I should have chosen a different profession.  Why do we pay all of this money if we can't rely on the software to hold our hand?

Slava Ukraini!