Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic - client billing options error message

janeo
Level 2

I just started getting an error message each time I set my clients billing options. 

Client Billing Options: Form description has too many characters.  Form 14039B Business Identity Theft Affidavit. 

I have to shorten the name of the form to make the error go away.

Why am I getting this error?  Was there an update that is causing this?  I have never used this form.  

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8

Good afternoon! We've let the appropriate team know about the experience you're having. We appreciate you providing us with these details and we'll share any info we get. 

0 Cheers
janeo
Level 2

Any updates on this?  

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is unlikely they will fix it soon.

We just need to go into the worksheet and shorten the name to get rid of the error.

0 Cheers

Good afternoon, we wanted to reach out and give you an update on this. There is an issue and our team is now aware and will work on a solution. We have found a workaround in the meantime, just go in the Charges per Form table and delete the word "Affidavit". Thank you for letting us know. 

0 Cheers
tcc
Level 1

I am getting the same error message and I can't get rid of it.  I tried deleting that line but it comes back.  Tried updating software but no update available. so now I can't do per form charges.

0 Cheers

We're sorry to hear this. We'll follow-up with the appropriate team and see what info we can get for you on this. As soon as we have more info we'll follow up on this thread. 

0 Cheers
tcc
Level 1

I can't modify the form charges page.  How?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@tcc wrote:

I tried deleting that line but it comes back.

Don't delete the entire line.  Just delete one word.

0 Cheers