Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2023 - How to remove a file Marked for EF

joe64
Level 2

I am brand new to ProSeries. Migrated from Turbo Tax.

Trying to find my way around the software. Tested some files and I want to remove a file Marked for EF in the EF Center. I removed e-file the checkmark in the 1040 worksheet but the file is still showing up in EF Center. I had another FBAR file for the same client there and it's gone now. But the Federal return is still there. 

Any ideas on how to remove it?

Thanks a lot.

EF Center - how to remove Marked for EF file.jpg

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you uncheck the box, it should take it out of the EFcenter. 

Be sure youve jumped over to the state return before you save and exit, or the state one will still end up in the EF center.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you uncheck the box, it should take it out of the EFcenter. 

Be sure youve jumped over to the state return before you save and exit, or the state one will still end up in the EF center.

0 Cheers
joe64
Level 2

Thank you for replying. In this case the client lives in a foreign country and she is only filing a 1040 and FBAR, and therefore NO state return. Any other suggestions please?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So youve unchecked the EF boxes for both Federal and the 114, but it still appears in the EFcenter under the Pending Tab?  Or it just has the words Marked For EF in a column of Homebase?  Your pic is too small for me to see what it actually says

0 Cheers
joe64
Level 2

I don't know what I did but it is now gone 🙂 Not that I know I did anything besides unchecking the efile box in Part VI yesterday.

But to answer your questions: 

So youve unchecked the EF boxes for both Federal and the 114, but it still appears in the EFcenter under the Pending Tab? = Yes. But the FBAR was only appearing, not the Fed as I indicated yesterday. My bad. Sorry about that.

Or it just has the words Marked For EF in a column of Homebase?  Your pic is too small for me to see what it actually says = No, it was all in the EF Ctr - it was showing both under ALL and PENDING

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once you unchecked the FBAR on the Fed Info worksheet, you needed to open the FBAR again then save/exit...so thats probably all you did that made it come out of the EF Center.

0 Cheers